Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Affordable options with limited supplies

First and MOST important...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Although this is not the card for her, I am sharing birthday greetings today.

Many times I hear that money is tight. Heck, that is my own household as well. So today I am posting cards that I made just last night at my Stamping Night Out. I used the last of my retiring white core DCWV cardstock here in Apple Green. Its on our discontinued list and you can save big time til its all sold out.

This card was really fun, and features just one ink. Our BLACK NOIR palette pad which is a hybrid. That means I can use it on just about anything! It really is the basic pad for any stamping kit. And its only $6.50. I can appreciate that price. I also used my black cardstock which I do all the time. I used my Bind It All to notch the black cardstock. Here is another trick if you are cutting back on costs...buy a few of your fave things, and stick with them. I know that creativity comes from many options sometimes but hey, if you are afraid to cut into something new because of costs? Then you will surely play more when you are comfortable. Those beautiful papers are fun to collect, but really sharing them through your art? Now that is sure to send a smile to someone. Its all about taking the time to let yourself create!

Supplies:
V215 Black Cardstock $6.95 ( 25 sheets)

V103 Apple Green 2 cardstock $6.38 ( 25 sheets)

V222 White Ultrasmooth cardstock $4.95 ( 25 sheets)

TT220 Black Noir Ink $6.50 (everyone needs this one)

F506 Bind It All $80.96 (notched black cardstock)

F07 Grey Tombow marker $3.25 ( for shading)

T2817 Starfly stamp set $12.95 (page 109 of new catty)

TC3128 Thinking of You stamp set FREE as hostess with qualifying party (set of 24 stamps, page 8 of new catty)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Following this blog are...