Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chipboard, who knew?

I have this great little story, at least it humored me:) Here goes...so Madison my 10 year old daughter has this habit of putting little sticky notes on the dishwasher all the time when the dishes are clean. She says its cause we are always screaming around, " hey are the dishes clean or not?". Its super frustrating to her. But she is the only one that knows! So we yell it often. I thought, hey that is really something we should have...a magnet for the front of the dishwasher stating whether the dishes are clean or dirty. And so it began Thursday night. After many an hour coming back to this project I decided on this and really loved it. I used a coaster and cut it in half. Then I clipped the corners with our BRAND new Zutter ROUND IT ALL. This thing is amazing. But dont cut little thin paper with it or it jams. A coaster or even a composition book cover is easy to cut through though. You will reach for this all the time once you get it!
I used the RUSTIC CHIC Wing it paper collection ( I am a fan cause its 36 8x8 sheets for just $6.95) and cut the pieces 1/4" in from the edges. I then distressed or dragged ink around all the edges with BURNT UMBER Palette ink, which matches this paper perfectly.
The circle I stamped clean and dirty onto, was super easy too. One thing I love about the clear blocks, is that you can spell or space things onto your block, right over the paper piece you will use so its just perfectly fitting. You can barely see the IVORY CARDSTOCK circle under the block, but its there and I used our alphabet SIMPLEBET to stamp my words. This is again in BURNT UMBER ( dark brown:)
The circles I used fit great inside the scalloped circles. I used our punches of course, the blue for the circle and pink for scalloped. These fit just great! The IVORY CARDSTOCK circles are then layered onto our BROWN CARDSTOCK, another perfect match to the RUSTIC CHIC Wing it papers.
I just had to add these cute mini dots to the scallops. Using the SOUFFLE GELLY PENS, I got a great soft chalky look to finish off my pieces! It dries fast, and really adds something. Gotta love it! These pens are awesome, and also come in GELLY GLAZE for a shiny wet look. Finally I used my CROPODILE to punch holes in the chipboard and set large eyelets from my AMELIA HARDWARE, and tied cute ribbon and SCRAPPERS FLOSS to the top. I added a magnet to the back and was ready to hang it on the dishwasher and surprise Madison!

NOW for the funny part of the story. Hmmm, it seems that we dont have a magnetic front to our dishwasher at all. I proudly stuck it to the front of the dishwaasher and it fell right onto the floor! HA HA HA. I guess thats why I am so amused at the idea of planning ahead:) Yeah, right. Well I am off to another day with the crop in BP today. I am SUPER excited to see these girls as I have a new card to share for the make and take I get to do for them. I will post it for you after they see it today!

No comments:

Following this blog are...