Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Buggies buggies and more buggies

Today was so stinkin busy. I just cant believe how sometimes the days turn into weeks and you can lose track of the time. Anyway, tonight while throwing in even more laundry that I could believe possible I decided to play for a few minutes! I used these great prismacolor pencils to color my butterflies and ladybugs from the Level A hostess set CUTE AS A BUG! Here's how I made them...I stamped in BLACK NOIR palette ink, and in a short time it was set so I could color. I colored ( and kinda sloppily too) where I wanted the color. TWO at least colors for each.
This is GAMSOL which my dear friend Betti gave me to play with. With it is a blending stump, so you suck up the GAMSOL and it kinda colors melting liquid all over the pencil you color with. Basically, the GAMSOL melts the PRISMACOLOR PENCILS as they are wax based. Its EASY!
1. I colored the lightest shade of pink I used. 2. I colored in the darker pink. 3. On the right side I showed how I dipped the stump into the GAMSOL, and blended the colors by making small circles, blending it all together. 4. I colored the entire area in by blending with GAMSOL, then added GREY TOMBOW marker to shade the outsides. I even used a silver glitter on the antenna which is hard to see but I love it!
Here is one more to share. I used our scalloped punch and boy, I do have it in three sizes! I just use them all the time...Here i used pink and a redder color of pink. So a great blend.
The final card, VOILA! oh the border punch? Its the BIND IT ALL that I love so much. Ok, it is a pink BIA but still, its a great tool and I use it all the time. I just punched the black cardstock in the BIA and gave it the fabulous border. I stamped the stitched line, and the words on the UPTOWN GIRL papers. Hmmm...wonder why I love those so much as well? Duh, its pink:) Well I have to get to bed. Tomorrow ( dry I hope) I have my garage sale here in Dayton, and I am meeting Janet at 5:30 am first to work out so enjoy...

Supplies:
BLACK CARDSTOCK
UPTOWN GIRL WING IT COLLECTION
WHITE ULTRASMOOTH CARDSTOCK

BIND IT ALL
RUNNING STITCHES STAMP SET
CUTE AS A BUG STAMP SET (HOSTESS)

BLACK NOIR INK PAD
PRISMACOLOR PENCILS

1 comment:

Alley said...

I love all your buggies...

Following this blog are...