Monday, June 8, 2009

Memories for a graduate

Well she did it! Our daughter Sara has graduated from High School and we had a big Luau party for her this past Saturday. We had a lot of fun planning with the help of many friends, angels and family. I love taking photos, and there are a lot you can peek at HERE.
At her party I wanted to have some kind of sign in book so that the guests could write words for her to encourage and give memories. Here it is. SUPER simple, these are just the basic composition books from the dollar store, cut in half. Now the cool part is that our new Corner Cutter works like magic to round the edges of these books, and just about anything you can shove into it! Talk about easy...they cut through chipboard and coasters like butter. And its PINK so it totally matches my Bind It All! Ask me about them, and how to get them at 1/2 price...and while you are asking, remember to ask about discounts on retiring stamps. Hurry though as our catty is retired in just a couple weeks.

Back to the book. I love decorating these with our paper collections since all the work of coordinating is done for you. I loved using LILYANNA with the coordinating ribbons, and also some hardware. many of our metals work with paper collections so I like to have them all on hand, so you can play more and create great combinations. For the edges of the white core Die Cut With a View blue paper, I sanded with our SANDING BLOCKS. That makes the edges pop and some of the white area has more character too. Yes I had to use ALPHAHIP my fave alphabet as its just perfect even though retired. Sorry, sorry...I couldnt help myself:)

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Following this blog are...